Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Two Days Left of a Four Day Project
First, the self-evaluation rubric. This is designed to see if you have gone deeply enough into your project.
Second, the upcoming quiz on Tuesday: 5 questions will be used, and I will choose from these ideas.
1. Newspaper or media headlines. Can you identify bias or stereotypes?
2. Public figures. Can you identify the civil discourse or evidence of the Golden Rule in their thinking?
3. Basic principles: What are the main beliefs, a religious custom or ritual, a holiday, a related document, and the ranking of Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, and humanism.
4. Religion and Culture. How do we show respect for other customs and religions through our manners and etiquette?
e.g., halal or kosher or meatless Fridays
5. Welcoming Others. As the world becomes more crowded, why does respect, welcoming others, and the Golden Rule become even more important? How do leadership and consensus differ in this process?